- The ideal length for hair is about 1/4 inch or 6 mm, about the length of a grain of rice. For all you shavers out there, make sure you come at least three weeks after using the razor! Once you have started waxing you should book in for your next appointment which be 3 to 4 weeks after depending on your regrowth. Otherwise the hair will be too short to get waxed.
- Take a warm shower before your appointment to help open the pores and a gentle exfoliation to help smooth skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Skip the lotion, gels and oils pre-wax as it may interfere with hair removal. The same goes for tanning 24 hours before – best to avoid as it may up the ouch-factor.
- Some clients prefer to pop an aspirin or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before their wax to help minimize any pain.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to heat – including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense heated exercise for one to two days after a wax as you’ll be more prone to burning.
- I advise keeping the freshly waxed area clean and free of products including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the following day.
- After-wax lotions and taking the time to exfoliate are a great way to keep the skin smooth, soft and free from bumps and ingrown hairs.